Preventing Mold is Important for your homes health and your own
- Mold can start to grow in as little as 72 hours.
- Keeping you furniture away from walls can help to prevent mold growth by allowing airflow behind your furniture preventing moisture'
- Make sure you have double paned windows to prevent condensation build up, which allows moisture build up, stimulating the growth of mold.
- Mold grows above 40 degrees, the ideal temperature for mold growth is between 77 and 86 degrees, mold needs moisture to grow so hot humid conditions are ideal for mold.
- Keeping a dehumidifier can help prevent the growth of mold by keeping the moisture levels down in your home.
- Mold can cause many health issues for the home owners, and can be even more dangerous for people with breathing issues or other medical conditions.
- Mold spreads very easily and needs to be properly removed form a home. If mold is wiped or even sprayed with a substance the spore will spread, having containment setup is the best way to stop the contamination of the rest of the home.
- Keeping your home warm and dry is the best way to prevent mold from growing.
- If there is any kind of water accident, make sure to address it immediately and make sure it is completely dry before calling it fixed.
SERVPRO© of Coos, Curry, and Del Norte Counties is specialized in mold removal and can make sure your home is mold free. Give us a call 24 hours a day 541-808-2600 SERVPRO is always here to help!